Duty Station: Arusha
Duration: One year with a 3-months’ probation
Reports to: Business Support Manager
Qualified females are encouraged to apply as well as persons from minority communities ADRA is an equal opportunity employer
About ADRA: Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA) is a global humanitarian agency of the Seventh-Day Adventist Church currently operating in over 120 countries including Tanzania. We exist to serve humanity so all may live as God intended.
We enable Change & Well-Being
ADRA acts as a catalyst for change by inspiring, engaging and empowering people to strive together for the greater good. In doing so, ADRA embodies values that are grounded in human dignity and respect for peoples’ innate capabilities, expressed through ADRA’s commitment to well-being as its core development objective, taking a holistic approach to programs, humanitarian response, and advocacy. For ADRA, ‘holistic’ refers to spiritual, social, and physical dimensions, addressing the multi-faceted causes of poverty, and to the emergency relief—reform dimension of our work.
ADRA exists to enable people to live life to the full, physically, socially, and spiritually. We associate this fullness with the concept of well-being, which remains ADRA’s long-term, over-arching aim. In its most tangible forms individual well-being derives from access and opportunities in relation to three key areas: Education, Health and Sustainable Livelihoods. They shape what is described as ADRA’s Well-being Triangle.
ADRA aims to address equitable development for women, girls, and minorities, whilst aiming to ensure protection for the most vulnerable.
ADRA believes that a life lived to the full is marked by an active concern for others. A life lived to the full is one where our abundance—to whatever extent that may be—of health, knowledge, resources, relationships, and spirituality, is exercised through generosity towards others.
Marketing Officer At ADRA, October 2020
To ensure sustainable realization of ADRA’s set goals, the organization carries out promotional and resource mobilization activities including social enterprises. ADRA is seeking to employ a Marketing Officer to lead marketing programs under the supervision of the Business Support Manager. The Marketing Officer position is a high drive position at ADRA that requires ambition and motivation.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Overseeing and developing marketing strategies and campaigns
- Conducting research and analyzing data to identify and define market segments and or audiences
- Designing and managing promotional activities
- Following ADRA website and social media traffic and analyzing data thereof for business growth
- Organizing events and product exhibitions including participating in key externally organized events
- Updating databases and using a customer relationship management (CRM) system
- Monitoring performance and reporting to the Business Support Manager weekly.
- Managing promotional campaigns on social media.
- To maintain customer satisfaction and retain clients.
- Ensure resolving customer complaints received in person, over the phone, and through email.
- Developing strategies to improve product performance and increase sales and profitability.
- Innovate new products and promote them in the market
- Hold daily sales staff meetings to make sure all other staff are aware of these changes.
- Innovate new markets segments and lay down strategies for new market penetration.
- Consistently demonstrate professional customer service to external and internal clients.
- Identify and develop business strategies to improve sales, attract customers and support services.
- Keep and update a clients’ register with updated contact information
- Ensure each customer receive outstanding service by establishing a friendly environment
- Support in coordinating deliveries with customers and warehouse personnel.
- Perform any other such duties as may be assigned by management.
- At least 3 years’ sales/marketing experience
- Diploma or bachelor’s degree in marketing or related fields.
- High proficiency in English and Swahili (Spoken and written)
- Customer care knowledge and skills
- Computer graphics
Candidates will be assessed against the following;
- Marketing experience
- Customer care skills and knowledge
- Research and data analysis knowledge and skills
- Digital marketing skills and knowledge
- Communication skills.
- Level of organization, creativity and proactive abilities.
- English and Swahili proficiency (spoken and written).
- Ability to work under pressure
- Demonstrates knowledge in graphics designing will be an added advantage
A competitive compensation and benefits package will be offered.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should apply via our online application portal https://www.adratanzania.org/job-openings/ by 23:59HRS, October 9, 2020.
Hand delivered and late submissions will not be considered
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.