SHDEPHA+ In partnership with FHI360, is implementing a five-year global project funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID).The Meeting Targets and Maintaining Epidemic Control (EpiC) project is dedicated to achieve and maintain HIV epidemic control. The project provides strategic technical assistance (TA) and direct service delivery (DSD) to break through barriers to 95-95-95 and promote self-reliant management of national HIV programs by improving HIV case-finding, prevention, and treatment programming. EpiC will be implementing an HIV service delivery project among key and priority populations, adolescent girls, and young women (AGYW) which aims to reduce HIV infections in pursuit of reaching 95-95-95 goals. To achieve this goal, the program will support targeted prevention and case finding strategies at community level among the targeted populations.
SHDEPHA+Kahama is seeking a committed and motivated candidates to fill job vacancies below…
BIOMEDICAL FIELD COORDINATORS (4 Positions )
LOCATION: ARUSHA REGION (Arusha Cc, Arusha Dc, Meru Dc, Karatu Dc, Monduli Dc and Longido Dc)
CONTRACT DURATION: 12 months (renewable)
Biomedical Field Coordinators, will be responsible to coordinate the implementation of EpiC Project biomedical services to the assigned council. He/she will work closely with Central team, RHMT and CHMT to ensure provision of high-quality biomedical services including HIVST, PrEP, HTS, Family planning, Screening, and referral for STIs, Gender Based Violence and TB. Also, in coordinating linkages and adherence support for HIV care and treatment to clients in their assigned council.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- To participate in the Comprehensive Council Health Plans (CCHP) meetings and ensure USAID EpiC activities are included in the respective CCHP.
- Liaise with Community Engagement Officers to map hotspots and develop a directory of all hotspots where beneficiaries are found at the council level.
- Conduct weekly review of the list of indexes developed by service providers and ensure all the providers conduct index testing services with fidelity (index sexual Partners/contacts elicitation and tracing)
ii) Coordination and Supervision:
- With support from the Project Manager & DMO’s office, he/she will be responsible to liaise with DMOs office to secure Government biomedical providers who will provide biomedical services at the community level respectively.
- Actively participate into development of monthly operation plans in close collaboration with community engagement officers for targeted and focused HTS outreaches to the mapped hotspot areas and reach KVPs.
- Assist in organizing training/orientation to biomedical providers to be engaged in USAID EpiC monthly operation plans and maintain the list of Service Providers working with USAID EpiC project.
- Monitor and coordinate community-facility referral and linkages services for health-related services including care and treatment, Family planning, STI&TB screening, and treatment, and GBV services.
- Liaise with DACC and the DMO office to obtain commodities, supplies and government M&E Tools for Biomedical services.
- Supervise biomedical providers and ensure monthly planned activities are implemented and all Service Providers are reaching their allotted targets with fidelity.
- Provide technical support and mentorship to the biomedical services providers within the assigned districts to ensure they meet standard of performance as per the government guidelines and project SOPs (including IQC/EQC and proficiency test).
- Work closely with the CHMT members in performance monitoring, joint supportive field supervision at the site/council level and ensure the outcomes of the visits is clearly documented and recommendations implemented.
- Jointly work with facility implementing partners at the council level to develop a sound Bi-directional referral network but also quality of services is provided to KVPs.
- Ensure all service providers properly fill all required National and Project M&E tools and timely submission of service reports appropriately, including monthly summary reports to the catchment health facilities.
- Ensure council service providers are reporting their daily performance through WhatsApp groups and other agreed channels for real time data.
- Develop and timely share daily/weekly updates and monthly reports for all biomedical services.
- At least 3-5 years’ experience working in KVP-focused, HIV/AIDS Community projects.
- A certified clinician with good experience in HIV/AIDS programs, a sounding knowledge on HIV/AIDS care and treatment.
- Possessing a medical degree will be an added advantage.
- A good team player with demonstrated skills and experience in leading and coaching the team.
- Ability to network and maintain professional relationship with the LGA’s and other stakeholders at the Council level
- Excellent written, presentation, communication, and organizational skills in both English and Kiswahili.
- Good understanding of council level healthcare system
- Flexible to work beyond normal working hours
Salary scale (1.5 to 1.7million)
METHOD OF APPLICATION;·
· All candidates are required to mention the ‘Position Title’ on the subject line of the e-mail.
· All applicants MUST attach cover letter and their updated Curriculum Vitae with certified copies of academic certificates as supporting documents to their applications.
· All applications should be submitted not later than 16:00 HRS on Tuesday, 13 October 2020
· For more information, Kindly visit our website: www.shdepha-kahama.com