SHDEPHA+ In partnership with FHI360, is implementing a five-year global project funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID).The Meeting Targets and Maintaining Epidemic Control (EpiC) project is dedicated to achieve and maintain HIV epidemic control. The project provides strategic technical assistance (TA) and direct service delivery (DSD) to break through barriers to 95-95-95 and promote self-reliant management of national HIV programs by improving HIV case-finding, prevention, and treatment programming. EpiC will be implementing an HIV service delivery project among key and priority populations, adolescent girls, and young women (AGYW) which aims to reduce HIV infections in pursuit of reaching 95-95-95 goals. To achieve this goal, the program will support targeted prevention and case finding strategies at community level among the targeted populations.
SHDEPHA+Kahama is seeking a committed and motivated candidates to fill job vacancies below…
MONITORING AND EVALUATION OFFICERS (M&E) (2 Positions)
LOCATION: ARUSHA REGION (Arusha Cc, Arusha Dc, Meru Dc, Karatu Dc, Monduli Dc and Longido Dc)
CONTRACT DURATION: 12 months (renewable)
The purpose of this job is to strengthen the health information systems of Epic project to ensure the maintenance of high-quality program data. This role is also responsible for capacity building of SHDEPHA+ Epic and supported health facility staff on data management.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the implementation of data management strategies to contribute towards the achievement of SHDEPHA+ strategic objectives.
- Participate in the development and maintenance of the documentation and data management guidelines for SHDEPHA+ to avoid any breach of confidentiality and to ensure that safety to all information is observed.
- Review and approve data ground rules and database design in accordance with the Standard Operating procedures and protocol of the programs and the data department.
- Assist in the standardization of data management procedures to ensure all staff adhere to the same guidelines provided to them by SHDEPHA+.
- Conduct data cleaning, back-up, design and programming of a clinical database to ensure system efficiency and effectiveness in the project sites.
- Review, analyse, and validate program data through review of patient’s files to ensure consistency, integrity, and accuracy based on project specific guidelines.
- Carry out scheduled stress tests on the different databases that are in use at SHDEPHA+ to identify any loopholes that require to be addressed to ensure proper functionality.
- Query data inconsistencies and revise case report forms in compliance with standard operating procedures, client guidelines and regulatory agency guidelines to ensure strict adherence from all staff.
- Provide expertise in all areas of data management through weekly staff meetings, workshops and training to ensure all staff are updated on the current trends in data management and have the required skill to work on the system.
- Conduct quarterly updates of the IT inventory from the facility level to ensure all facilities are adequately equipped with the necessary equipment to avoid any system downtime.
- Train and build capacity of SHDEPHA+ program staff in the use of Data and database for the monitoring of site’s performance and to address any issues that may arise from non-performance.
- Review data collection tools used against the required reports and provide advice and assistance in the improvement of these tools to create efficiencies in the system.
- Review monthly reports prepared by the data clerks to ensure information provided is of high quality and timely submission to the site coordinator.
- Run frequent queries for extraction of data from CTC2 database as required for donor uses as well as SHDEPHA+ for program improvement.
- Carry out quarterly data verification and collection activities, upload the data into systems and respond to urgent queries from staff, donors and partners.
- Compile and prepare monthly and quarterly data reports for analysis and donor use and ensure that the information provided is accurate and of high quality.
- Collaborate with Programme Officers Quality Improvement to conduct Quality Improvement performance measurement from data collection, data entry, and data verification to ensure data collected from the facilities is accurate and of the standard required by the donors and management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Communication Engineering, Communication, ICT from a recognized institution
- Three (3) years of relevant work experience
- Technical and Behavioural Competencies
- Knowledge of national laws and regulations governing pediatric AIDS services and operations.
- Experience working with donor funded organizations requiring community level engagement.
- Knowledge of relevant SHDEPHA+ donor requirements
- Ability to produce comprehensive reports
- Proficiency in the use of databases Skills in day to day activities
- Good facilitation skills and ability to deliver training.
- Discretion with confidential information
- Ability to gather appropriate information for decision making
- Ability to openly consult with colleagues
- Ability to set priorities accordingly
- Ability to speak up in the face of unreasonable requests
- Ability to apply new changes
- Ability to learn and retain new knowledge
Salary scale (1.3 to 1.6 million)
METHOD OF APPLICATION;·
· All candidates are required to mention the ‘Position Title’ on the subject line of the e-mail.
· All applicants MUST attach cover letter and their updated Curriculum Vitae with certified copies of academic certificates as supporting documents to their applications.
· All applications should be submitted not later than 16:00 HRS on Tuesday, 13 October 2020
· For more information, Kindly visit our website: www.shdepha-kahama.com