newspapers and various online products are looking for motivated and highly experienced individual to fill the position of:
SUB EDITOR – MWANANCHI (2 Post)
- Checks and corrects editorial copy allocated by the Chief Sub- Editor for facts, accuracy, taste, house-style, language use, clarity, details, objectivity, and spellings.
- Subs copy to fit allocated space without distorting facts or dispensing with the salient points.
- Re-writes the copy as necessary for simplicity, clarity and style.
- Rewrites the appropriate headline for the copy, ensuring it reflects the overriding message of the story.
- Edits the pictures selected by the Chief Sub-Editor to fit the allocated space, and writes/rewrites appropriate caption taking care not to merely state the obvious details.
- Submits the edited copy to the Chief Sub-Editor within set deadlines.
- Makes up the editorial pages as directed by the Chief Sub-Editor.
- Assists the product editor to ensure deadline pullout is compiled to plan
- Checks all headlines, captions, pictures, copy text and page logos and all other page elements to sign the pages within set deadlines.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Academic : Basic University Degree in Journalism/Mass Communication
- Professional : Diploma in Journalism
- Experience : 4-5 years working experience in a busy newsroom
Interested and suitably qualified individuals should forward their applications enclosing a detailed CV and copies of professional certificates, and a day time telephone contact by October 22, 2020 to;
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Interested and qualified candidates should apply online via our career portal https://careers.mcl.co.tz.
NB: Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
MCL is an equal opportunity employer.