Management and Development for Health (MDH) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization whose primary aim is to contribute to address public health priorities of the people of Tanzania and the world at large. These priorities include: communicable diseases such as HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria; Reproductive, Maternal, New-born and Child health (RMNCH); Nutrition; Non-Communicable Diseases of public health significance; as well as Health System Strengthening. MDH strongly believes in and works in partnership with various local and global institutions, Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC); President’s Office Regional Authorities and Local Government (PORALG); donor agencies; academic and non- academic institutions; implementing partners; civil society, community-based and faith-based organizations and others. MDH seeks to recruit a qualified individual to fill the below vacancies:
Position Title: IT OFFICER CUM SOFTWARE DEVELOPER-2 POSTS
Location: GEITA AND TABORA
Reports to: DIRECTOR STRATEGIC INFORMATION
IT officer cum Software Developer ICT officer will be responsible to study existing systems and procedures and develop software applications to automate various MDH programmatic and operations activities. He/She will design and develop software applications based on technical solutions and evolving MDH software requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Involved in the planning, analysis, specification, design, development, implementation and maintenance of application software systems; works with senior IT staff and other software users on the definition and specification of requirements; builds, tests and modifies prototype application software based on detailed instructions; installs and maintains software
- Participates in development of the new system that require integration of many interrelated systems and program elements
- Assists in the designing, coding and debugging desktop, web-based and mobile applications in various software
- Organizes and performs unit and integrated testing, designing and utilizing test bases; assists users in acceptance
- Assists in the preparation of technical and user documentation, as well as in the production of training materials.
- Provides technical support on troubleshooting and resolving routine software application problems. Installs application systems software and hardware according to
- Provides support on software development matters, including security, data integrity and recovery; assists with needs assessment for new systems (including modifications to existing systems); performs ongoing reviews with users and developers and responds to requirements; requests, implements, provides operational support and maintains various
- Evaluate and perform improvements to support user friendly interfaces and usability to promote users understand and interactions with
- To assess software applications to determine effective use of functionality and upgrade
- Perform periodic and scheduled backups of application systems, testing and updating contingency measures in accordance with the MDH’s ICT
- Evaluate new technologies and new products and suggesting the improvements to support various organisation business
- Support in data visualization and data analytics (Business Intelligence)
Requirements, Education, work experience and skills
- BSc/BEng in IT/IS/Computer Science/Computer Engineering or equivalent degree from a recognized institution with at least three (3) years of relevant working experience from a recognized institution
- Strong understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Working knowledge of various software languages [PHP (mandatory), Java (mandatory), C/C++, .NET, Python] will be added
- Proven knowledge in DHTML, HTML5, CSS & CSS3, Java Script, jQuery, jQuery Mobile, SAPUI5 Photoshop, and Responsive Web Design will be added
- Strong understanding and hands on skills on Object Oriented Design and Analysis (OOA and OOD)
- Strong knowledge on MySQL, SQL and Postgre SQL Database Management Knowledge on MS SQL Server, Oracle and other DBMS will be added advantage.
- Possession of a relevant ICT professional certification will be an added advantage
Interested candidates should submit an application letter indicating clearly the position applied for, a detailed copy of their CV, and names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work related referees.
Applications should be submitted by Friday 22nd October, 2020, to the Director of Human Resource through e-mail email@example.com
Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.