Since its inception in 1977, Qatar University (QU) continues to serve as Qatar’s primary institution of higher education and has become today a beacon of academic and research excellence in the region.
QU is committed to providing high-quality education in areas of national priority. Underpinning this commitment is the goal to align its colleges, programs, and courses with established international standards and best practices. As a result, QU has been successful in its accreditation initiatives, earning the endorsement of numerous leading international accrediting bodies.
QU hosts ten colleges — College of Arts and Sciences (CAS), College of Business and Economics (CBE), College of Education (CED), College of Engineering (CENG), College of Health Sciences (CHS), College of Law (LAWC), College of Medicine (CMED), College of Pharmacy (CPH), College of Sharia and Islamic Studies (CSIS) and College of Dental Medicine (CDM).
QU offers the widest range of academic programs — 47 Bachelors, 29 Masters, 20 Ph.D. programs, nine Diplomas, and a Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD)– in Qatar tailoring them to meet the needs of Qatari society.
Research is an integral part of the academic environment at QU and is bolstered by the state-of-the-art Research Complex, and 14 research centers of excellence. It is further enhanced by over 400 collaborative projects in over 130 countries.
Community engagement is an area stationed at the heart of QU’s mission and vision. The University prides itself on the quality of its students and alumni and is committed to ensuring that campus life is an enriching environment for encouraging academic excellence, volunteerism, civic responsibility, and leadership.
QU is advancing its goal to become a leader of economic and social development in Qatar through collaborations and partnerships with industry, government, academia, business, and civil society in Qatar and beyond.
QU’s diverse and lively student body of over 23000 is a testament to the potential of Qatar’s greatest future leaders, respected scholars, and inspired artisans. In order to ensure students reach their full potential, they are presented with many unique opportunities and challenges. These include participation in Qatar’s top national competitions for grants, international conferences, exclusive study abroad and student exchange programs, and research positions.
In addition, all students are provided a wealth of resources to ensure their every requirement for success and exciting student life. These services include:
- An award-winning campus, featuring beautiful architecture, easy travel and navigation, many quality-of-life conveniences, and more
- A state-of-the-art library, with an incredible selection of volumes, as well as numerous subscriptions to academic journals, and the ability to request new trials
- Cutting-edge software and communications tools for ease of access to course materials and their instructors
- Large and well-furnished men’s and women’s Student Activities Buildings, which offer an ideal place for students to meet, socialize, and network
- A Student Learning Support Center (SLSC), for course help and extracurricular workshops to enhance skills
- The Student Counseling Center (SCC); a top-class resource for students who wish to privately discuss important personal matters, including family planning, personal management, acclimating to university life, and anything else on their mind
- An impressive offering of cafeterias and dining options, catering to many individual tastes and health requirements
- University-sponsored events, trips, and activities, to enhance student life and also encourage meaningful social interaction with each other and faculty
University Faculty & Staff
Qatar University proudly offers an extraordinary group of prestigious faculty, ranging from carefully selected international experts to Qatar’s own top national minds. Every faculty member is recognized for their experienced research and/or tireless dedication to students and is able to share a greater passion and insight into their field and how it can help apply to regional needs, as we pursue the National Vision.