The Ariel Glaser Pediatric AIDS Healthcare Initiative (AGPAHI) is a non-governmental organisation that plays a pivotal role in complementing the Government of Tanzania’s efforts towards the attainment of its development goals. AGPAHI strives to provide quality and integrated HIV/AIDS health services to children and families.
AGPAHI supports the provision of high-quality HIV and other health services and ensures that efforts are well-integrated into existing regional and district health systems.
AGPAHI is looking for a motivated, result driven, qualified and competent staff to fill the position below….
2 Program Officers, Cervical Cancer Prevention
Reports to: Senior Program Officer Reproductive and Child health
Duty station: Mwanza and Mara
Purpose of the job:
Execute all planned AGPAHI’s Cervical Cancer Prevention Program (CECAP) activities within the required standard to ensure alignment with the overall AGPAHI’s objectives.
• Implement the Cervical Cancer Prevention Program (CECAP) program activities as guided by the set work plan and departmental strategies.
• Build working relationship and provide technical support to Regional and Council Health Management Teams (RHMT and CHMTs) in planning, coordinating and supervising cervical cancer screening activities in the respective regions and councils;
• Work closely with the Coordinator RCH to build capacity of the health facility staff through training and mentorship on cervical cancer prevention to ensure optimal provision of quality services;
• Collaborate with the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children and other key implementing partners to support and actualise the implementation of Cervical Cancer Prevention strategies;
• Collaborate with the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children to supervise and mentor health care workers at AGPAHI supported sites in implementing CECAP activities;
• Support regional Council Health Management Teams to build the capacity of service providers in documentation, data collection and analysis;
• Participate actively in CECAP meetings and forums so as to provide input on relevant issues that affect AGPAHI Cervical Cancer Prevention Program activities; and
• Disseminate lessons learnt and better practices from Cervical Cancer Prevention projects for continuous improvement in the execution of program activities.
• Bachelor degree Nursing/Medicine or its equivalent from a recognised institution
• Possession of Cervical cancer screening skills;
• Skilled in Provider initiative and Voluntary counselling;
• Skilled in Adherence and Enhanced adherence counselling;
• Ability to establish and sustain working relationships with the Government Ministry of Health, and regional Council Health Management Teams;
• Ability to organise and facilitate training in CECAP, HIV and AIDS prevention, care and treatment areas;
• Ability to produce comprehensive reports;
• Significant and up to date knowledge of the current CECAP, HTC guidelines, standards, tools and best practices.
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter quoting the title of the position, a CV and the Names and contact information of three referees (at least two of which must be professional) before the closure of business on Friday 18, September 2020 to the Human Resources and Administration Manager by e-mail to email@example.com Please quote the title of the position applied for in the e-mail subject line or on the application envelope.
AGPAHI is an equal opportunity employer. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.