Tanzania Home Economics Association (TAHEA) is a national professional organization of nutritionist, home economics, agriculturists and other related social science professions. TAHEA envisions ‘A democratic society with better livingConditions’; with the Mission to improve the socio-economic conditions of the society through advocacy and capacity building on agriculture, food and nutrition, health and environment in collaboration with other stakeholders.
To achieve this goal, the program will support targeted prevention and case finding strategies at community level amongst the targeted populations. TAHEA is implementing partners that is implementing the project in Dodoma region and Iringa Regions.
TAHEA is seeking for qualified candidates to fill the following vacancies below in Dodoma (Dodoma city, Kondoa&Chemba) and Iringa(Mufindi)….
The assistant accountant will be supporting an accountant and finance department to coordinate and supervise financial activities of the project. This shall include the timely preparation and submission of financial and accounting reports and documents including cash books, payment vouchers, bank reconciliation statements, budget compliance reports and any other financial reports that may be required by EpiC project.
Roles & Responsibilities
• Preparing financial documents such as invoices, bills, and accounts payable and receivable
• Completing purchase orders
• Managing payroll
• Completing financial reports on a regular basis and providing information to the finance team.
• Assisting with budgets planning and reviews.
• Completing bank reconciliations.
• Entering financial information into appropriate software programs
• Managing day-to-day transactions.
• Recording Project expenditures and ensuring these expenses are within the set budget ceilings.
• Assisting the finance department and senior accounting staff members with various tasks, including preparing budgets, records, and statements
• Handling accruals and pre-payments
• Reviewing computer reports for accuracy and meticulously tracing errors back to their source
• Resolving errors in financial reports and correcting faulty reporting methods.
Qualification and experience
• Holder of bachelor degree in accounting and finance or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
• Experience of at least three (3) years in working with Donor funded projects
• Holder of CPA Professional is an added advantage
• Must be computer literate
• Knowledgeable on accounting packages will be an added advantage.
Method of Application
Application are to be lodged through email: email@example.com
Candidates are required to mention the ‘Position Title’ on the subject line of the e-mail. All applicants MUST attach cover letter and their updated Curriculum Vitae with certified copies of academic certificates as supporting documents to their applications.
All applications should be submitted not later than 16:00 HRS on Saturday, 10th October, 2020.