Region East Africa & Yemen, Norwegian Refugee Council
*This position is open to internal applicants only*
The purpose of the Project Manager is to be responsible to develop and implement Education programme/project in Tanzania.
Employer: Norwegian Refugee Council
Title: Education Project Manager (Tanzania) – Internal
Employment type: Contract
Percentage of full-time: 100
Webcruiter ID: 4285522131
Duties and responsibilities
- Develop the Education Minimum standards – technical SOPs / guidelines
- Contribute to the development of Integrated and Education strategies, initiate and participate in the development of relevant Education projects
- Coordinate and manage education project implementation (activities, budget and project documentation) in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements
- Develop and manage Education project budgets
- Implement technical direction and ensure high technical quality of projects
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need of protection, explore and assess new and better ways to provide assistance
- Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer key skills
- Liaison and collaborate with relevant local and national authorities and stakeholders and represent NRC in relevant forums/cluster/working groups.
- Compliance and adherence to NRC policies, CC tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
- Coordinate and lead on the different Education consortium and partnerships (Norcap, Babawatoto, Right to Play)
- Develop and maintain strong coordination at national and area level with key education actors (Save the Children, IRC, Plan International Unicef, UNHCR) to develop joint programming
- Lead on the AEP curriculum revision
- Develop a Youth Strategy for NRC Tanzania
Click the job description for more details.
- Minimum 5 years of experience from a senior level project implementation position in a humanitarian context
- Experience from working in refugee context
- Technical Education expertise – strategy, development, coordination
- Management experience
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Knowledge of the context in Tanzania
- Experience with curriculum revision
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Managing performance and development
- Empowering and building trust
- Handling insecure environments
We can offer
Contract period: 12 months, renewable subject to availability of funds.
Fee: From NOK 45,000. Attractive allowances apply
Duty station: Kibondo
Travel: up to 50%.
We work in crises across more than 30 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights.
NORCAP is a global provider of expertise that contributes to solving challenges in the humanitarian, development and peace building sectors. Our ultimate goal is to strengthen the resilience, and protect the lives, rights and livelihoods of vulnerable people and communities
NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Application deadline: 22/09/2020