Report to: Production Manager
Duration: Six Months with possibility of extension
A scriptwriter at Tai is at the core of our creative process. They bring ideas and stories to life in a creative manner. The scriptwriter will work under the supervision of the Production Manager to conceptualize, develop, write and produce the scripts for a 3D animation series.
About Tai Tanzania:
Tai Tanzania is an innovative youth-led organization that uses data, storytelling and media technology to inspire social behavioural change among young people. We use stories from the community to produce edutainment contents such as animation films, music, and comic strips. Since our founding in 2012, our vision has been to create a society where every young person has equal access to education because we believe that education has the power to enrich the lives of children and adolescents.
Scope of work:
- Analyzing data and research findings to extract key messages and themes
- Developing believable plots and characters based on research findings, community testimonials and stories
- Pitching story ideas to producers or development executive
- Writing scripts for production
- Leading and organizing a table reads of written scripts
- Rewriting the script if necessary (you may need to do this several times before arriving at a final version of the script).
- Supervising and coaching voice-over artists to accurately embody characters during voice recording
As such the person filling this position needs to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communication, English, Swahili or any other related field from an accredited college or university
- Two (2) years’ experience in journalism, storytelling or communications with practical experience in scriptwriting/playwriting/news/current affairs/television production
- Enthusiasm for creative storytelling, film production and social behavioural change communication
- Expert written and oral communication skills in both English and Swahili
- Ability to work independently on the duties outlined in the job description
- Ability to take feedback and work in a collaborative and creative environment
Please send a CV and motivation statement to email@example.com with the subject “Scriptwriter Application.” Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.