The Director of Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning is a full-time position for an upcoming award in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania funded by USAID/Tanzania for the upcoming Water, Sanitation and Hygiene program. This position is contingent upon funding and donor approval.
Reports to: Chief of Party
Duration: 5 years
Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
- Reviews the project implementation activities to assess results and the impact;
- Gathers and evaluates information and ensures that these findings are accurately presented in all USAID reporting and tracking tools;
- Responsible for developing and designing project systems to track program progress against indicators; collecting and verifying information and maintaining performance monitoring plans, reports, work plans and monthly reports;
- Ensures project scope and activities are compliant with USAID policies;
- Coordinates closely with implementing partners to build cohesive measurement and results systems.
- Master’s degree or higher in public health, social sciences, or other relevant discipline.
- A minimum of 7 years working on monitoring and evaluation in public health.
- Demonstrated expertise in designing rigorous quantitative and qualitative data collection systems and knowledge of methods for data analysis.
- Solid understanding of USAID regulations and M&E reporting requirements.
- Hands-on practical experience setting up and managing MER systems for health programs in developing countries, and the ability to coach and train others in their use.
- Experience in knowledge management and dissemination of research findings.
- Excellent report writing, analytical, and oral presentation skills.
- Must be fluent in English.
Please submit a CV and Cover Letter stating the following:
Your interest and experience that make you suitable for this position.
Notice period from current employer
Possible start date