TANZANIA NATIONAL ROADS AGENCY (TANROADS) is a Semi -Autonomous Agency under the Ministry of Works, Transport and Communication established on July 1, 2000 and is responsible for the day-to-day management of the Tanzania Mainland’s Trank and Regional Roads Network. Its primary functions include the management of maintenance and development works, operations of the network and axle load control, the implementation of road safety and environmental measures, provision of advice on the strategic framework policies and plans for the road sector.
The Regional Manager TANROADS – MARA on behalf of Chief Executive, TANROADS, is looking for suitably qualified Tanzania candidates for various vacant posts available for the project of Upgrading of Nyamuswa-Bunda-Kisorya-Nansio Road (121.9 Km) to Bitumen Standard; Lot 1; Nyamuswa -Bulamba Section (56.4km,Weigbridge stations and Regional Manager’s Office in Mara Region. Regional Manager TANROADS – Mara invites qualified and interested candidates to apply for the following positions:
WEIGHBRIDGE STATION POSTS:
POSITION TITLE: Weighbridge OPERATORS ( 6 POSTS).
Key qualification for the Weighbridge Operator:
- Holder of full Technician Certificate or Ordinary Diploma in Civil; Mechanical or Electrical Engineering (FTC);
- Must be Computer literate (at least Advance Certificate in Computer Applications);
- Must be fluent in both written and spoken Kiswahili and English Languages:
- Must be Tanzanian Citizen
- Not above 35 years of Age.
Duties and Responsibilities of Weighbridge Operator.
- The holder of this post who reports to Shift Incharge will be responsible for:
- Enforcing Road Traffic Axle Load Control by the use of weighbridge scale devices;
- Carrying out activities as described in the road Traffic (maximum weigh of Vehicles) Regulations, 2001 which include the following; Weighing motor vehicles gross vehicle weight (GVW) > 3.500kg plying on our public Roads.
- Imposing road damage fees on the spot for overloaded vehicles;
- Measuring physical dimensions of motor vehicle or any load being carried on the motor vehicle for providing advices to transporter for provision od relevant advice.
- Recording all necessary particulars regarding the motor vehicle being weighed;
- Observing good customer care, dignity and integrity;
- Reporting all matters of the respective shift in-charge;
- Performing other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Shift In-charge/Regional Manager;
Mode of Application
All the interested and qualified Tanzanians are invited to submit their hand written applications enclosing detailed and signed Curriculum Vitae and certified copies of relevant education, professional certificates and birth certificate together with names of three Referees and their contact addressses, telephone number (s) and e-mail addresses,.so as to reach the addressee mentioned below not later than 30,u September, 2020: time 4:30 pm. Applications vie e-mails, hand delivery and fax will not be considered.
Please apply to:
P.O. Box 81,
Musoma – Mara.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.