Jobs in Tanzania 2020: New Jobs Opportunities at Good Neighbors Tanzania.
Good Neighbors is an international humanitarian development NGO founded in Korea in 1991. It was granted General Consultative Status from the United Nations Economic and Social Council (UN ECOSOC). The aim is to make the world a place without hunger, where people live together in harmony. In Tanzania it was officially established on 2005 and our efforts work towards creating environment where children’s rights are protected and sustainable development of communities through empowerment, leadership and ownership
Good Neighbors Tanzania is looking for individuals to join our highly motivated team in the following job position below…
Project Officer (INTERNSHIP Opportunity)
Reports to: Assistant Manager
Location: Nambizo, Mbozi – Songwe
Contract Duration: 4 months contract (Aug – December 2020)
Good Neighbors Tanzania Nambizo Field Office is looking forward to hire and intern for a position of project officer who will be responsible to make follow on the income generation projects related to agricultural activities in Nambizo and Shitunguru.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Responsible to manage income generation projects related to agriculture in Nambinzo and Shitunguru community development projects
· Partner with project stakeholders to effectively plan, implement, and monitor Income Generation activities regularly
· Make follow up of repayment for all farmers who were given agricultural inputs as loans
· Ensuring that farming activities is profitable and meets some projected financial targets
· Conduct market research and write proposals for coffee and some of coffee products in order to develop income generation activities
· Develop the strategy plan and framework to promote the development of cooperatives and coffee farmers group in Nambinzo and Shitunguru CDPs
· Schedule and participate in regular meetings with Income Generation group participants and associated beneficiaries.
· Responsible for supporting the advocacy programme’s (such as advocacy practices at school)
· Actively assist and participate in project events (workshops/trainings)
· Community Partnership and Network building (Nambinzo and Shitunguru CDPs)
· Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
Qualification, experiences and competencies
· Bachelor of Science in Agricultural Economics and Agribusiness, Bachelor of Rural Development, Bachelor of Science in Agricultural Economics and Agribusiness, Bachelor of Science in Agriculture General, Bachelor of Science in Agronomy, Bachelor of Science in Applied Agricultural Extension
· At least 1 year experience in Project Management, Agriculture and Livelihoods Programme, marketing and research
· Knowledge of computer and software application; MS package, QGIS, SPSS, report writing and presentation
· Collaboration and team building skills, problem solving skill
· Creative and Innovative
· Strategic in decision making flexibility
• All applications should be sent with enclosed cover letter (addressed to Human Resource Division P.O. Box 33104 Dar es Salaam, Tanzania), detailed curriculum vitae containing complete names and addresses (postal, email, phone), together with names and contact details of three referees to: E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
• All applicants should provide current contact information of all referees.
• Deadline for application is not later than 20th Aug, 2020.
• Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted through their active mobile numbers and emails.
• Good Neighbors Tanzania will not be responsible for transport or/and accommodation during the interview, there will be no refund for the expenses incurred.