The Regional Manager, TANROADS – GEITA on behalf of the Chief Executive (CE) TANROSDS seeks to recruit qualified and competent with integrity integrate Tanzanian Citizens to fill the following vacant posts on contract terms (Renewable subject to satisfactory performance).
POSITION TITLE: WEIGHBRIDGE OPERATOR – (6 POSTS)
Key qualifications for the weighbridge Operator;
Holder of Full Technician Certificate (FTC) or Diploma in Civil, Highway, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
Must be Computer literate (at least Advance Certificate in Computer Applications);
Must be fluent in both written and spoken Kiswahili and English languages;
Must be a Tanzanian Citizen;
Not above 35 years of age
Duties and Responsibilities of the Weighbridge Operator
- Responsible for Enforcing the East African Community Vehicle Load Control Act.2013 and its Regulations by the use of Weighbridge scale devices;
- Carrying out activities which include the following:
- Weighing Motor Vehicles Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW) > 3500kg plying on our public Roads;
- Imposing road damage fees on the spot for overloaded motor vehicles;
- Measuring physical dimensions of motor vehicle or any load being carried on the motor vehicle for determining compliance or noncompliance with vehicle dimension limits by the transporter for provision of relevant advice;
- Recording all necessary particulars regarding the motor vehicle being weighed;
- Observing good customer care, dignity and integrity;
- Reporting all matters of the respective shift to the Shift In-charge;
- Performing other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Shift In-charge / Regional Manager.
HOW TO APPLY
All the interested and qualified Tanzanians are invited to submit their applications in writing enclosing detailed curriculum vitae and certified copies of relevant education and professional certificates, together with names of two referees and their contact addresses, telephone number (s) and e-mail addresses, so as to reach the addressee mentioned below not later than 30- March, 2020.
Please apply to:
P.O. Box 433,
Tel: + 255 28 2520342
Fax: +255 28 2520314
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.