DIRECTOR GENERAL’S OFFICE
Post Title : Information and Communications Technology Officer
Duty Station : EWURA Head Office – Dodoma
Reports to : Senior Information and Communications Technology Officer
Information and Communications Technology Officer will be responsible for ensuring that the Authority’s Information and Communications Technology systems is constantly maintained and work properly.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To advice, Senior ICTO on matter related to users support.
- To support user on usage of new and existing computer system as per existing Standard Operating Procedures.
- To install and testing of both hardware and software using realistic data to ensure the system produces specified outputs.
- To analyse the effective of ICT hardware and prepare report to recommend area of improvement.
- To test for verification and validation of new or modified system.
- To receive incidents from all EWURA staff and log them as per Standard Operating Procedures
- To analyse help desk activity and make recommendations for increased organisational efficiency and effectiveness.
- To respond to enquiries from clients and help them to resolve a hardware or software problems.
- To maintain a log of any software or hardware problems detected.
- To take ownership of user problems and be proactive when dealing with user issues.
- To support users in the use of Computer equipment by providing necessary training and advice
- To maintain and update EWURA website.
- To prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly incident management reports to Senior ICTO.
- To undertake any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
The ideal candidate for this position should have the following qualifications and experience.
- Possession of University degree or advanced diploma in computer science, information and communication technology or related field with significant competences in computer software applications, operating systems and networking.
- Possession of professional certification such as CISCO, CISA and CISM will be an added advantage.
- No prior work experience is required but possession of work experience in related field will be an added advantage.
Application letter with Curriculum Vitae (CV) including e-mail address or day time contact telephone number, together with photocopies of certificates and transcripts (certificates from Foreign Universities should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU), Birth certificate, one passport size photo and names and contacts of three referees should be addressed to reach the under-mentioned by 28th February, 2020.
Only short-listed candidates meeting the above criteria will be invited for interview. Lobbying and canvassing for employment will not be entertained and may work to the candidate’s disadvantage. Application letter should be addressed to:
The Director General,
Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA)
4th Floor, PSSSF House Makole Road,
P O Box 2857