Danish Refugee Council – Tanzania
Place of Work:Nyarugusu/Kasulu
Reports to:Supply Chain Manager
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is an international non-governmental organization which provides assistance and promotes durable solutions for refugees and internally displaced people, on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights.
Danish Refugee Council is a humanitarian actor in Tanzania. Since 2015, as part of the Burundian Refugee Response in Tanzania, DRC works in the sectors of camp management, community based protection, livelihoods, protections, WASH, General Food Distributions and shelter/ small infrastructure in Nduta & Mtendeli camps. Starting from January, 2020, DRC will be implementing Camp management, Community based protection and Livelihoods projects in Nyarugusu refugee camp.
The purpose of this job is to provide efficient and effective handling of all generators are properly serviced and maintained in due time. This post holder will ensure and control of the quality of the supply of power on all designated locations in Nyarugusu.
- To manage the generators and ensure quality in power supply in all designated locations in Nyarugusu Refugees Camp motorbike
- To provide a timely fuel consumption report of each generator at the end of month to the Supply Chain Manager.
- To ensure that all fuel supply are recorder in DRC standard template. (Fuel request and tracking sheet, Waybill, GRN,Bin & Stock Cards, etc..)
- To ensure that the routine maintenance of each generator is done in due time.
- To ensure that all mechanicals faults are recorded and reported to your line manager and AIRD as soon as possible and follow up to ensure that its fixed.
- To ensure that the generators are secured and clean at all time.
- To ensure that all generators in each location have security equipment such as; fire extinguishers, shovels, bucket with Sand, No Smoking Signs and restricted to unauthorized person.
- To ensure that each generator service and repair are recorded in the book for performance tracking purposes.
- To ensure that all the maintenance is properly completed and recorded in the computer
- To ensure that each generator has the next service tag is displaced for easy track
- To keep an inventory list of equipment assigned to you and report on quarterly basis to your line manager.
- Ensure that you are working to the best of your ability and demonstrate high levels of commitment to DRC in order to ensure the objectives are met
- To perform any other task requested by your Line Manager
- High school graduate or above
- Excellent skills in mechanics
- Skills in electrical maintenance
- A High standard of numeracy
- A responsible attitude and ability to manage the resources
- Team spirit and team player attitude
- Proven high level of problem-solving skill
- Excellent management skills including a capacity to prioritize the work
- Computer literacy particularly with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and Access
- 2 Years’ experience working with NGO
- Good writing report skills
- Ability to work under pressure
DRC as an employer
By working in DRC, you will be joining a global workforce of around 8000 employees in 40 countries. We pride ourselves on our:
- Professionalism, impact & expertise
- Humanitarian approach & the work we do
- Purpose, meaningfulness & own contribution
- Culture, values & strong leadership
- Fair compensation & continuous development
Application due: 1/15/2020