Good Neighbors Tanzania is looking for individuals to join our highly motivated team in the following role;
Position: Administration Officer (2 Post)
Reports to: Assistant Manager
Location: Nambinzo Field Office (NFO), Isenzanya Village, Mbozi District, at Songwe Region.
Contract Duration: One year (Contract renewable subject to fund availability and employee performance).
The Administrative Officer is largely responsible for providing administrative support to Nambinzo Field Office based in Mbozi, Songwe. He/she will organize and coordinate administration duties that lead in creating and maintaining a pleasant work environment, organization effectiveness and the office run smoothly on a daily basis.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparing regular financial and administrative reports
- Take minutes at internal meetings and ensure that proper record keeping
- Addressing employees’ queries/demand regarding office management issues (e.g. supply of new stationaries, internet, and electricity)
- Manage office inventory and ensure office properties are accurately recorded and updated on a monthly basis.
- Liaising with facility management vendors, including inventory and security services
- Maintaining log books for motor vehicles, kitchen items, stationery, fuel consumption etc
- Searching for quotations/proforma invoices and prepare budget requisition and bid tabulation reports.
- Ensure that office utilities are available in store whenever needed and not misused
- Ensure maintenance of office car/motorcycle and update of Vehicle Insurance by reporting one month before expiry
- Managing payment of office electricity and water bill in respectively time
- Reporting all office items need maintenance and repair
- Assist with day to day operations of the HR functions and duties
- Prepare regular reports on expenses and office budgets
- Regular check of bank balance and recording of transactions to ensure smooth operations
- Ensure office is kept clean at all times and ensure office orderliness and professional appearance
Qualification, experiences and competencies
- Bachelor degree in Public Administration, Business administration, Accountancy or related field
- 2 years’ experience working in the same field of administration
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook)
- Well-organized, resourceful with good planning and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team on multiple tasks.
- Knowledge and experience with NGOs will be an added advantage.
- English language fluency (strong written and verbal skills) required.
All applications should be sent with enclosed cover letter (addressed to Human Resource Division P.O. Box 33104 Dar es Salaam, Tanzania), detailed curriculum vitae containing complete names and addresses (postal, email, phone), together with names and contact details of three referees to:
Deadline for application is not later than 10th January, 2019.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted through their active mobile numbers and emails.
Good Neighbors Tanzania will not be responsible for transport or/and accommodation during the interview, there will be no refund for the expenses incurred.