New Job Vacancies At Girl Effect Tanzania, girl effect in nigeria, springster girl effect, girl effect partnerships, girl effect vodafone, the girl effect the clock is ticking, girl effect enterprise india private limited, linkedin careers, link jobs
Position: Country, Programmes & Partnerships Lead Tanzania at Girl Effect
Who We Are
Girl Effect builds youth brands and mobile platforms to empower girls to change their lives
We’re a creative non-profit empowering girls to change their lives. Started by the Nike Foundation, we are experts in media, mobile, brand and international development: a unique mix of skills that we use to solve global problems in a different way.
We work across the world in the places where girls are marginalised and vulnerable. We create for young people in ways they love and interact with. And it’s all delivered through the media and mobile tech they use every day – from apps that build skills, to TV dramas that explore vital issues, to magazines written by girls.
Context of Role
Tanzania is one of Girl Effect’s key markets and we are in the process of expanding our work in-country. In partnership with the Vodafone Foundation and Gavi, the global vaccine alliance, we are developing a new youth brand for Tanzania to deliver change for girls through digital products, media platforms and new on-the-ground partnerships. We’re looking for an experienced programmes and partnerships manager who can also lead our new country office and be the face of Girl Effect in Tanzania, establishing and leading our strategy in country, programme delivery and leading the small country team.
What You’ll Do
- Lead and implement our Tanzania programming strategy and manage review and replanning processes
- Ensure the delivery of programme commitments for partners with maximum impact, efficiency and innovation
- Lead on the development of a donor engagement strategy in Tanzania, identify future fund mobilisation opportunities and develop new business proposals with a view to maximising fundraising (including both locally driven fundraising and links to global level fundraising efforts that include Tanzania and/or draw lessons from Tanzania)
- Lead on the project design of new local fundraising opportunities whilst ensuring full engagement of the Tanzania team and global technical inputs; provide project design inputs for globally driven fundraising opportunities.
- Develop a partnerships strategy to maximise opportunities with service providers, media owners, clubs and girl networks
- Network and represent Girl Effect Tanzania (GET) externally with multiple stakeholders, including NGOs, donors, service providers and the government of Tanzania
- Lead the Country Office and small Country Team, including line-management responsibilities
- Work closely with the GE global team and other network offices, to generate ideas, ensure work streams are well aligned, and rapidly update and share learnings in order to maximise the potential for demonstrating behaviour change across our work
- Forecast, track and report on programmes and partnership activities for Girl Effect teams in Tanzania and globally, as well as keeping donors up-to-date with the impact of our work
- Work hand in hand with the Brand and Content Manager in Tanzania to deliver programmes. As custodian of our brand and content in Tanzania; they will be responsible for translating the programme design into engaging and relevant content and experiences for girls and for building the brand in Tanzania. Together, you will ensure the brand forges a deep connection with girls while also fulfilling the needs of our programmes (impact for girls and funders)
- Oversee the budget e.g. to ensure budgets adequately reflect programming costs to link strategy and implementation
- Prepare for and represent GET and Girl Effect at conferences and other external engagements outside Tanzania
- Keep abreast of changes in local, national and global policy and programme arena which have implications for Girl Effect Tanzania
- Lead on the development and updating of collateral for partnerships – for example, capacity statement, brochures etc.
- Effectively capture, track and record all approaches, meetings, contacts, correspondence and agreements on the Partner Portal (Salesforce CRM), and other communications channels, and ensure that other team members are brought in to conversations where necessary
- Support global efforts to develop new programme management processes, systems and tools and ensure they are implemented effectively in Tanzania
- Drive the establishment of a new office, including establishing systems and processes to ensure smooth delivery, growth and sustainability of our in-country work
Who You Are
- You are a senior leader with experience within the development space ideally at Country Manager level
- You have significant experience running an office and team of professionals; ideally you have experience of managing staff from multi-disciplinary backgrounds
- You’re skilled at implementing programmes as well as project management, reporting to donors, and packaging information for internal and external audiences
- You have an extensive network of contacts within Tanzania’s private sector, development sector, donors and senior government officials
- You have experience of programming on SRH and preferably also Economic Empowerment and/or social and behavioural communications.
- You’re a proactive team player who actively goes out to identify opportunities
- You’re financially literate and are confident in matters of budget development with experience of managing significant annual budgets (over $500,000)
- You’re driven and able to deliver against key timelines and deadlines, through prioritisation and organisation
- You enjoy taking the initiative and making decisions as part of a complex and varied workload
- You can demonstrate a commitment to realizing the potential of girls and to the vision and values of Girl Effect
- You’re able to work with others at a distance and use systems for sharing information to support this
- You’re confident at developing presentations and public speaking to be able to externally represent the work we do with passion and energy
- You’re fluent in Kiswahili and English, with an extremely high level in writing in both languages
- You’re educated to degree level (minimum), ideally within a relevant field of expertise
- You’re willing to travel within Tanzania as required, and outside Tanzania occasionally
What Else You Should Know
As we continue to scale and grow – we are hugely ambitious for our future and we are looking for people who are driven by this to change the world for girls.
Our teams are a diverse mix across sectors (non-profit and commercial) and specialisms (from Brand and Creative through to Gender and Insight). You’ll learn and grow in an environment that will challenge you to think and work with a fresh perspective.
At Girl Effect, you can expect to work somewhere where you will be stretched and developed in your role, a place where you can build your career and work with talented, engaged people committed to our cause to create a lasting impact.
Closing date for applications: 28th November, 2019