ICAP began partnering with the Government of Tanzania in 2004 to reduce perinatal transmission of HIV and support the rapid scale up of HIV care and treatment. We now work in close partnership with the Ministry of Health and Social Welfare (MOHSW) and provide capacity-building support and technical assistance (TA) for the national HIV and tuberculosis (TB) programs.
ICAP’s portfolio in Tanzania is focused on technical support to strengthen and expand HIV prevention, care, and treatment, voluntary medical male circumcision (VMMC), services for key populations, diagnosis of pediatric TB and integrated TB/HIV care, and provider-initiated pediatric HIV testing and counseling.
- Population-based HIV Impact Assessments.
- Global TA: Accelerating Children’s HIV/AIDS Treatment (ACT) Initiative.
- Global TA: Quality Improvement for PITC.
- Global TA: Fast Track Test and Treat for Key Populations.
- Global TA: Quality Improvement for Capacity Impact Project.
- Technical Assistance for HIV Prevention, Care, and Treatment (2009 – 2015)
- The Endeleza Project (2010 – 2016).
- Improving Care for Pediatric TB/HIV (2010 – 2015).