Deadline of this Job:
05th Nov 2019
Mbeya Water Supply and sanitation Authority (Mbeya WSSA) is an autonomous water supply organization mandated to provide water and sewerage disposal services within the urban area of Mbeya city. It was established in January 1998 under section 3(1) of Act No.8 OF 1997, repealed by Act No.12 of 2009 Vision:”To be an excellent Water Supply and Sanitation Authority in Tanzania in delivering portable, sufficient quality water supply and sanitation services.” ** To adequately fulfill its objectives and in line with the expansion of activities Mbeya WSSA is now inviting applications from suitably qualified and self-motivated Tanzanians of high personal integrity to apply for the following position .
- To be responsible for the performance of all water supply and sanitation systems according to agreed
- Performance and public health standards.
- To prepare/review annual budgets and manpower plans for the TechnicalDepartment.
- To plan, design and construct water supply and sanitation projects.
- To advise on manpower recruitment and training requirements of the Technical Department.
- To review performance against approved plans and budgets of the department.
- To ensure that water production and sewerage standards and safety procedures are complied with equipment and workshops
- To maintain records on the conditions of raw water from all sources andmonitor the level of undesirable
- Dangerous and toxic substances in the water. To report to other bodies responsible for guarding against undesirable Discharges into water sources within the Authority water carchment areas.
- To ensure prompt and efficient investigation of customer complaintsconcerning quantity, quality, taste and health of water.
- To develop procedure for water quality monitoring and co-ordinate the sampling of raw water supplied.
- To oversee laboratory service for chemical, bacteriological and biological
- To ensuring compliance with the prescribed standards for drinking water
- In addition to the above skills and qualifications, applicants for the above position are required to have the following attributes:
- Strong and demonstrated strategic thinking skills.
- Ability to efficiently interact with Board Members * Capacity to conceptualize, develop and operationalize revenue collection strategies and arrears control.
- Commitment to working with shared Leadership and in cross-functional teams
- Ability to deliver against set objectives while operating on some occasions in stressful situations.
- Good Client Relationship and networking abilities with demonstrated negotiation and selling skills
- The ideal candidate for this position should have the following qualifications and experience:
- Holders of Bachelor and Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering Water Supply
- Engineering Water Resources Engineering/Environmental or Sanitary Engineering Engineering Management from recognized university
- Helshe must be registered with EngineersRegistration Board of Tanzania as Professional Engineer and has
- Served inthe water sector for at least seven (7) years, of which three (3) years should be at a Senior position of responsibility
- Computer literacy is essential..
Job Skills: Not Specified
- Applicant MUST be a Tanzanian
- Applicant Age should not be above 45 years
- Applicants who studied outside Tanzania should have a Certification from NECTA and TCU
- Applicants should sign every page of all attached document
- Applications that dully fulfills these requirements will be considered invalid
- Statement results, results slip, testimonials shall not be accepted. Applicant should attach two passport size.
- Applicant should mark at the top of envelope the post he/she is applying for.
- All application shall be sent via POST office and NOT other wise.
- Applications that dull fulfills these requirements will be considered invalid.
Job Education Requirements: Holders of Bachelor and Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering Water Supply
Job Experience Requirements: (7) years
Mode of Application
Only qualified persons should submit their handwritten letters of application stating how they meet the advertised criteria attaching copies of relevant academic, professional certificates and testimonials so as to reach the under mentioned not later than 05thNovember 2019. Applicants are also required to indicate the names and contacts of at least three (3) work/professional related referees. Applications which do not meet the application requirements will be disqualified.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates shall be subjected to competency assessment and reference checking
MBEYA WATER SUPPLY AND SANITATION AUTHORITY
P.O. Box 2932
Phone: +255 25 2504298
Fax: +255 25 2503492