Job Title: Project Officer – Gender & Advocacy
Purpose of the position:
To coordinate the development of ENRICH project Gender and Advocacy strategy and oversee the implementation of the strategy. The gender specialist will be responsible for facilitating training on gender equality and Advocacy for staff and partners and for monitoring gender equality and advocacy results.
Observe mission and core values of World Vision and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Develop and update roll out of Advocacy Campaign for AP integration
Take lead in Advocacy Campaign Project planning, design, monitoring and implementation while in alignment with WV Regional and Support Office.
Take lead in developing Campaign Materials and disseminate in all AP and to other stakeholders
Work closely with Ministries, Like- minded organization, Religious leaders in planning, monitoring and evaluate Advocacy Campaign
Ensure Advocacy Campaign activities are well integrated in all WVT APs for sustainability purpose
Monitor integration of Advocacy Campaign activities and ensure its implementation in all programs.
Represent WVT at National, Regional and Global events and share impacts stories of Advocacy Campaign in WVT
2. Representing WV at external events; external contacts coalition building and networking
Participate in preparing high quality Policy briefings for Gender, Advocacy and for external meetings to deliver campaign messages and advocacy initiatives to both primary and secondary target audiences and institutions
Maintain Good/harmonious relations between World Vision Tanzania , WVI region, WV Partnership, donors and all other stakeholders through reporting and sharing of information periodically
3. Conduct/ Coordinate Gender Assessment and advocacy research on negative socio- cultural and traditional beliefs affecting women, girls, boys and men and policy implementation
4. Manage the integration of Citizen Voice and Action (CVA) and Gender into other areas of Ministry
Provide technical advice and support to other areas of Ministry to ensure the CVA & Gender are well integrated in all APs
Contribute in developing CVA and Gender activities guideline to be integrated into all APs
Conduct monitoring visits to provide support in the implementation of CVA and Gender activities planned and budgeted in the APs
Provide information on specific CVA and Gender plans, activities and outcomes to other WVI teams and WVT office and share impact stories collected from the communities.
5. Build Capacity of staff on Gender Advocacy especially on Citizen Voice of Action (CVA) on education, health, agriculture policies
Organize and facilitate trainings / workshops to WVT and Project staff on Gender, Advocacy/ CVA and CHN issues
Lobbing and dialogue with decision makers for policy influencing on issues raised through CVA team.
Monitoring the implementation of Government policies mentioned above and identify gaps for Policy influencing
Coordinate with ADPs to ensure community empowerment work forms part of our influencing tools ( Strong CVA Team advocating on Health, Education and Livelihood)
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
Minimum Qualification required: Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, with at least 5 years experience in campaigning, advocacy, lobbying and communication, experience of working in an international and cross-cultural environment is an added advantage
Preffered: Masters In in Social Sciences, with at least 5 years experience in campaigning, advocacy, lobbying and communications
Other Technical Skills and Abilities
- Strategic, creative, and innovative thinking
- A successful track record in coordinating / managing advocacy campaigns
- Strong project management experience
- Experience of working with government
- Experience engaging decision makers in government
- Practical advocacy and campaigning experience in the development field
- Ability / experience of managing a network
- Experience of working in Christian environment
- Experience working in advocacy
- Ability to lead in complex and challenging environments
- Experience in coalition building and ability to rally coalitions and networks to take positions on specific policy issues
- Excellent time-management and prioritization
Working Environment / Conditions:
Office based environment with some travel to the field;
Available to represent WVT at critical functions and moments as needed
Closing Date 28-Oct-19