The Africa Academy for Public Health (AAPH) is an independent organization registered in Tanzania with the mission to address public health priority challenges in sub-Saharan Africa through innovative scientific evidence, training and capacity building and knowledge translation. AAPH is currently implementing different health and nutrition research studies in 6 regions within Tanzania mainland and would like to invite a qualified and interested public health specialist to support some of these activities.
Report to: Chief Research Scientist.
Region: Dar es Salaam.
Reporting to the Chief Research Scientist, the Project Manager will work under Research and Consultancy unit to support effective operationalization of AAPH project activities. S/he will have to work closely with project partners and collaborators, within and outside Tanzania.
- Collaborate with the senior technical team to design and implement project activities.
- Develop work plans for the implementation of different projects with the senior technical team.
- Lead and support timely, accurate and appropriate reporting of project activates and results from the project.
- Design and implement data collection, manage and dissemination of data by reporting progress towards the project objectives.
- Support data management activities including data management and work with the ICT team to generate queries and fix any errors and problems observed in the databases.
- Monitor and evaluate processes of project activities and provide regular feedback and updates to the senior technical team.
- Involved in data reporting as per project requirements and as necessary for the organization, the government ofTanzanai and the Donor/s.
- Support research proposal development for funding application.
- The ideal candidate should have a Medical Degree (MD) and MPH or MSc in epidemiology
- Demonstrate experience with research study, field coordination, implementation and oversight.
- Good data analysis, graphical data presentation, dissemination and report writing skills.
- At least 3 years or more of demonstrated project/research project management.
- Experience working in NGO with active research/project focus.
- Good interpersonal and people management skills – a team player and builder. Excellent computer skills at minimum with Microsoft Office package including Word, Excel, Power point and Access.
- Published research articles in peer-reviewed journals is an added advantage.
Interested candidates for the above position; should provide letter of application indicating the position applied for, Curriculum Vitae (CV) and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three professional references.
Applications for Project Manager position should be submitted to the Human Resource Manager, Africa Academy for Public Health (AAPH) by Wednesday Thursday 31st October. Submissions may be done through physical delivery or through P.O Box 32273 Plot #802 Mwai Kibaki Road, Mikocheni Dar es Salaam or through email to email@example.com
Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.