Position: Communications Team Lead
Abt Associates, a mission-driven, global leader in research and program implementation in the field of international development, seeks a qualified Communications Team Lead for the anticipated USAID/ Tanzania Public Sector Systems Strengthening Plus Activity (PS3+). The goal of the anticipated project is to institutionalize Government of Tanzania (GOT) public systems that are responsive to citizens’ needs for quality services at the local level, particularly for underserved populations. It includes three objectives/results areas: 1. Improved evidence-based, inclusive planning and management at local levels: 2. Strengthened local governance to promote citizen engagement and social accountability; and 3. Increased efficiency in the collection and use of financial resources.
PS3+ will be a large, complex and integrated project working across all systems functions, levels of government, and public sectors prioritizing health, nutrition, social welfare, education and agriculture. The Communications Team Lead must balance management and technical communication tasks, and their skills must include being an excellent writer.
The Communications Team Lead responsibilities can be categorized as manage production of contract deliverables: write reports and other deliverables; manage GOT correspondence and provision of communications technical assistance; communicate and promote results; and serve as member of senior management team.
Specifically, the Communications Team Lead will have the following responsibilities:
- Establish a process to track and manage production of contract deliverables
- Lead the process of project report and communication product development
- Write routine reports, technical reports, success stories and other communication products
- Contribute to planning, conducting, and communications for major project events including briefings and speeches as necessary
- Contribute to development and management of project capacity building, training, mentoring and learning activities
- Develop strategies and innovative ways to promote GOT and project results
- Manage project correspondence with GOT, and contribute to management of routine inquiries about the project
- Provide communications technical assistance to GOT to improve communications (e.g. internal government, with stakeholders, promote results)
- Contribute to linkages and integration of project activities, and coordination of collaborations with government, development partner projects and other stakeholders
- Manage project documentation and archiving (e.g. use of internal platform Jamvi to organize and access information)
- Serve as member of the senior management team including contributing to improving internal project communication and management processes
Qualification requirements include the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (journalism, communications, public relations, marketing). Master’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of work experience. At least 2 years of experience in international development projects. Experience with USAID-funded projects preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.Excellent English writing and editing skills required.
- Demonstrated management experience in any type of public or private entity.
- Demonstrated experience in communications and knowledge management, including the ability to identify and document project activities and achievements, success stories, and lessons learned
- Demonstrated ability to work with teams to produce communication products, adhering to deadlines, and short turn-around times.
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork, organizational and mentoring skills
Interested candidates may send a CV to email@example.com.
Please include the title of the position (Communications Team Lead) in the subject line of the email. One email per position application. Deadline for applications is November 20th, 2019. All positions are contingent upon program award and funding. Tanzanian nationals and women are encouraged to apply.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.