Nafasi za kazi | New Employments At Air Tanzania Company Limited (ATCL)
Air Tanzania Company Limited (ATCL) is in the process of revamping its operations and has introduced new equipment to its fleet as part of implementation of its five years Corporate Strategic Plan (2017/2018-2020-2021). In line with this expansion, the Company is also making some reforms in its structure, internal operations and staffing to accommodate the needs of its rapid expansion. Therefore, applications are invited from qualified Tanzanians to fill the following positions.PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER (1 POST)MINIMUM ENTRY QUALIFICATIONS AND WORKING EXPERIENCE
- Applicants must possess the following qualifications:-
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent preferably in Mass Communications, Marketing, Business Administration related qualifications
- Minimum of three (3) years relevant experience Public Relations or relevant undertaking in reputable organization
- Preferred Qualifications
- Hands-on experience in dealing with media and the public and understanding of the news media landscape, workings of a press office and the needs of Public Relations
- Working experience in Aviation Industry
- General understanding and experience of Corporate issues and Government Affairs
- Postgraduate Qualifications
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESThe candidate is expected to be responsible for all facets of external press and public relations for Air Tanzania and its subsidiaries as well as working with key stakeholders for internal communications. He/she will execute and manage corporate communications’ activities at Head Office and across the global network, ensuring the communications strategy is delivered with effective, streamlined messaging that is aligned to business strategy. Specifically he/she will perform the following responsibilities:-
- Implementing and executing Air Tanzania’s corporate communications strategy.
- Selecting, managing and monitoring performance of PR agencies across the network. Liaising with PR agencies, local marketing and management team on local strategy, PR opportunities and media-related activities.
- Writing press releases for global dissemination and speeches for senior management for media-related events and workshops.
- Support Air Tanzania local and overseas events.
- Regular exchange of information with media, ensuring key messaging is disseminated.
- Prepare senior management presentations for press conferences.
- Supporting media requests about the airline and its subsidiaries and prepare written statements for the media on the company’s behalf.
- Responsible for keeping press material up to date, feeding information on a pro-active basis to the media and company stakeholders.
- Identify positive Public Relations story ideas / angles to promote the airline and its subsidiaries to drive publicity, which in turn helps the commercial department, drive increased revenues and profitability.
- Responsible for internal communications which includes planning, development and maintenance of a range of integrated communications tools and advice and support the management across the organization.
- Working on the press element of route launches, arranging and escorting media familiarization trips.
- Taking a key role in Crisis Communications team, responding to emergency issues effectively in a timely manner.
- KEY ATTRIBUTES
- Ability to communicate effectively (written & verbal) at all levels.
- High integrity & Team Player
- Decisive, confident and takes leading role in initiating action
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to provide visionary leadership and motivate multi-disciplinary teams
- Must be well groomed and highly sociable
- Self-directed and self-motivated
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Results driven, great attitude and a learning mind set
- Commercially astute with solid understanding of market, competitors, & customers
The above position carries an attractive remuneration package and other benefits as per ATCL, Salary Scheme.
- MODE OF APPLICATION FOR ALL APPLICANTS:
Interested APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT A DULLY SIGNED LETTER for consideration of the applications attached with the following:
- A curriculum vitae (CV);
- Certified copies of all certificates (including Secondary School), other relevant certificates. (Applicants who have studied outside Tanzania should have their certificates approved by relevant authorities Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU) or National Examination Council- NECTA))
- Two recent passport size photographs;
- Names and addresses of at least two reputable referees;
- Applicant’s reliable contact address, email address and telephone numbers.
Note: Misrepresentation of qualifications or any other information on application shall warrant legal consequences
- CLOSING DATES:
Application letters should reach the undersigned within 14 days from the first date of this announcement:MANAGING DIRECTOR & CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICERAIR TANZANIA COMPANY LIMITED,P.O. BOX 543,DAR ES SALAAM.ISSUED ON 22.08.2019