Sokoine University of Agriculture (SUA) is implementing a project entitled “Building Strong University, BSU III). The overall goal of the project is to enable the University to develop competent relevant high level human resources in agriculture, veterinary science and related fields.
The BSU III project through “Strengthening Aquaculture Research” & “Agricultural Value Chain” Thematic areas in Collaboration with The Enhancing Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Sustainability in Higher Education in Africa (EEIS-HEA) project, are organizing a training workshop on Pedagogy and Didactics for Capacity Building on Teaching and Supervision of students for Academic Staff members.
The course on Didactics and Pedagogical skills is a basic course in teaching and learning at University level aiming at making participants able to plan and teach courses focusing on student centered learning. Through presentations, discussions and practical exercises the participants will become familiar with different teaching methods, how to activate and engage students on learning and how to plan a course and lecture.
After the end of the course participants will be familiar with:
- Effectively teaching and learning strategies
- Students centered learning and instructional methods
- Motivating and engaging students to learn
- Problem based learning and challenge based learning
- Assessment of learning
- Incooperating elements of Sustainability and Entrepreneurship in teaching
- Target group: The targeted group includes Junior and Mid-career members of academic staff (Tutorial Assistants, Assistant Lecturers, Lecturers and Senior Lecturers) in the fields of Agriculture, Forestry, Veterinary, Environment, Natural Sciences and Social Sciences.
How to apply:Send an email indicating your interest and willingness to participate to
Dr. Augustine Mwandya (firstname.lastname@example.org) and copy to Dr. Joseph Longo (email@example.com). Please indicate your official name, department, College/Faculty/Directorate and teaching experience.
Deadline for receiving applications: 25th June 2019.
Selected participants will be informed by e-mail on 28th June 2019.
The venue for the workshop will be communicated to selected participants. Transport and meals (lunch and tea) will be provided by the organizers.