2 Product Life Cycle Configuration Specialists at NMB Bank Plc
NMB Bank Plc Jobs
Dar es Salaam
Job Location :Head Office, Hq
Product Lifecycle Configuration is a sub- unit under ICT Services Management.
The unit is responsible for managing the lifecycle of Core Banking Systems products from inception, through engineering, design, system implementation, to service and disposal of products. The unit is accountable for ensuring all products related changes in the Core Banking Systems meets or exceeds quality level standards. The team is responsible to perform extensive business analysis and documentation of the requirements of complex product management projects, coordinating with cross-functional resources to achieve expected deliverables.
- Gather product requirements related to Core Banking Systems from business units and translate them into technical requirements and solutions and/or write supporting requirement specification document.
- Partner internal with business stakeholders to understand technical trade-offs and architecture to drive product roadmap, positioning, requirements and feature delivery.
- Implementation of products from concept to delivery by working closely with the business teams.
- Interact with external resources/software vendors to identify and resolve issues/problems and gaps.
- Assist in business analysis and documenting requirements of moderately complex product management projects for building of new products or enhancement / extension of current products.
- Assist in preparing and directing the overall product implementation readiness program with all stakeholders.
- Perform User Acceptance Testing (UAT) before any changes on production CBS system (product/system setups, back-end fixes/patches, new releases)
- Manage products throughout its life cycle in the Core Banking Systems. Analyze and simulate operational changes requested.
- Review and correction of different Core Banking Systems (CBS) products and services.
- Work together with the various users of Core Banking Platforms to provide support, system updates, testing, documentation, end-user training, etc.
- Link between business updates to application development to ensure technology solutions support business requirements.
- Assist in the development of workflow improvements (i.e. the implementation of automated solutions to replace manually performed functions) throughout the various departments making use of the core banking applications.
- This could include problem analysis, evaluation of alternative solutions, coding, testing, training, and documentation.
- Follow industry trends through exploring complementary and competitive products, meeting with partners, attending conferences, and investigating new technologies.
- Support product-training efforts for all touchpoints to the business users, inclusive of documentation, publications, and e-training tools
Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex issues and concepts in a simple manner.
- Excellent verbal communication, writing and interpersonal skills.
- Product knowledge and ability to interpret in core banking systems.
- Knowledge of core banking systems and different platforms of banking products
- Ability to work independently and under pressure with changing priorities.
- Committed attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated advanced analytic and diagnostic skills.
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge and ability; can apply the competency in new or complex situations.
- Strong SQL and database development skills
- Demonstrate some leadership skills.
- Excellent in working with teams and with colleagues on a one-to-one basis.
- Ability to work collaboratively across organizational boundaries.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Graduate /Post-graduate in Computer Science/Computer Engineering/ Mathematics/
- Information Technology or any other related field
- 4 years experience working in product analysis & system set up environment.
- Experience in the banking related environment and use of Core Banking Systems
- Demonstrated experience working in a deadline-oriented environment managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to work effectively in a dynamic, collaborative and fast-paced atmosphere.
- Experience on SQL querying and database developments
- Financial service experience in product management or related areas including relationship management, IT development, and project management.
NMB Bank Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Job closing date : 21-Mar-2023
Subscribe to our WhatsApp channel to get the latest posts delivered right to your dm.