WAJIBU – Institute of Public Accountability is a local based think- tank institution which was founded with the purpose of promoting public accountability in Tanzania. WAJIBU aims to empower citizens, firstly to understand and appreciate the concept of transparency, accountability and good governance and secondly, to demand for their rights and entitlements from duty bearers especially on better use of public financial resources. WAJIBU is now inviting Tanzanian citizens to apply for the position of Intern:
Job Title : Intern (2 position)
Report to : Research, Development and Programme Manager
Terms : 6 – month Contract
Duty station : Dar es Salaam
- Degree in the fields of Degree in Finance, Economics, Development studies, journalism, Public Relations and advertisement, political science or a related field, and
- A Master Degree in Finance, Economics and Development studies will be an added advantage.
A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in advocacy, communications, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning.
Prior experience in planning and implementing advocacy campaigns in transparency and accountability initiatives.
Excellent understanding of the (social) media landscape
In-depth Adequate knowledge of the Public Financial Accountability.
Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
Fluency in Kiswahili and English (spoken and written) is required
Responsibilities of the Intern Position;
- Coordinating the Accountability club meetings to ensure active participation of members.
- Preparation of accountability lecture series at the Institutions of Higher Learning
- Monitor, analyze and report on the progress of the Accountability Clubs.
- Colleting Media monitoring reports
- Assisting on facilitating the Accountability Essay competition at Higher Learning Institution
- Assisting in the preparation, ushering and follow-ups on the International Transparency and Accountability
- Conference 2022
- Preparation of Youth Accountability Initiative forum for 2022.
- To assist on updating WAJIBU’s stakeholder’s database
- To assist on analysis of data obtained from different Program operations
- To assist on updating the MEL framework quarterly
- To assist on documentation of results and lesson learnt and reporting
- To assist on data collection and success story write ups on the impact of WAJIBU’s Interventions
- To perform other assigned duties from the supervisor.
Note: Women are highly encouraged.
Applications should reach the undersigned address not later than 05:00p.m on Tuesday, 06th September, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit their application letter attached with their curriculum vitae and relevant academic qualification through the emails provided below:
WAJIBU – Institute of Public Accountability,
P.O Box 13486,
Rose Garden Road, Tancom Street, Mikocheni, House No. 10 Dar es Salaam – Tanzania.
Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: Only successful shortlisted candidates will be invited for the interview.