2 Assistant Accountants at UCC
University of Dar es salaam Computing Center
Dar es Salaam
POST: ASSISTANT ACCOUNTANTS – 2 POST
EMPLOYER: University of Dar es salaam Computing Center
APPLICATION TIMELINE: 2023-02-24 2023-03-09
The University of Dar es Salaam Computing Centre (UCC) is an Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Company owned by the University of Dar es Salaam (UDSM). UCC was established in 1999. UCC headquarter is located at UDSM’s Julius Kambarage Nyerere Mlimani Campus. To ensure greater outreach to Tanzanians, UCC is having a branch in Dodoma, the Capital City of Tanzania.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists the Chief Accountant in preparing quarterly, semi-annual, and annual budget.
- Assists the Chief Accountant in preparation of financial statements.
- Provides high quality financial information including projected outturns and early warning systems for budget variances
- Reconcile accounts payable and receivabl
- Manages Bank reconciliation and make sure that are done timely
- Prepares and submits all VAT and appropriate tax returns in a timely manner.
- Provides a range of financial information and reports as required, ensuring accurate monitoring of budgetary expenditure throughout the year.
- Maintains the computerized financial systems in line with agreed policies
- Manages and report on all income and expenditure from branch and productive units.
- Invoicing clients and maintain invoice register.
- To collect debt from clients and maintain receivable account.
- Maintains monthly petty cash.
- Manages Imprest accounts
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned by your superior.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting from a recognized and reputable institution, Possession of Intermediate stage from NBAA.
- Experience of not less than 2 years in the field.
REMUNERATION UCCSS 6-8
The deadline for submitting the application is 9 March 2023.