Flight Purser (Senior Cabin II) Job Vacancies at ATCL – (15 Posts)
Dar es Salaam
Air Tanzania Company Limited
Air Tanzania Company Limited (ATCL) is expanding its network to meet the needs of its Business Strategy which focus on sustaining the recorded achievements and remain an airline of choice that meets and exceeds customers’ expectations in line of its mission of provision of reliable, safe, and high-quality services. Therefore, applications are invited from qualified Tanzanians to fill the positions mentioned below;
POSITION: FLIGHT PURSER (Senior Cabin II) – (15 POST)
MINIMUM ENTRY QUALIFICATIONS AND WORKING EXPERIENCE:
- Must have a minimum of Form IV Certificate with Four Credit passes of which ONE of them should be English and;
- Must hold Ab-Initio Certificate from Recognized Aviation Institution plus Cabin Crew License from Tanzania
- Civil Aviation Authority (TCAA);
- Must have working experience of at least seven (7) in related field, of which (3) years must be minimum flying experience as Senior Cabin Crew.
- Must have attended Forward Galley Course and Leadership training
- Must be Fluent in both written and spoken English and Swahili
- Height from 5.0 feet, acceptable Level of BMI
- Must have no visible tattoos while in Air Tanzania crew uniform
- Knowledge of extra international language will be an added advantage
- Diploma and knowledge of additional international language is an added advantage
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Direct, co-ordinate, organize and supervise the functions and tasks of the cabin crew by making sure the customers receive the best possible service and ensure all standards and expectations are met.
- Prepare and carry out pre-flight briefing and post-flight debriefing.
- Assign duties and delegate particular responsibilities relating to passengers requiring special attention/ care.
- Observe and assess individual crew performance, discuss with the crew member, offer support where necessary and provide reports to the Chief Cabin Crew/Stewardess with recommendations as and when required.
- Be responsible to the PIC for the management of safety and security outcomes of cabin and emergency procedures specified in the General Operations Manual, and for their observance for the conduct and management of cabin safety by the cabin crew and by all passengers.
- Inform the PIC of all irregularities and malfunctions and, at the prescribed times, report cabin sterile.
- Ensure that cabin operations are conducted in accordance with the applicable regulations and standards of the organization.
- Report to the Captain and/ or duty engineer of all unserviceable items.
- Liaise with station manager/ PAS representative, at lay over station, in matters related to cabin crew.
- Ensure that out station rules and regulations are adhered to.
- Ensure proper utilization and handover of in-flight catering items, materials and good care of in-flight equipment.
- Develop crewmembers to be able to perform all duties on a flight by carrying out on the job training/ coaching for newly promoted and recruited cabin crew.
- Ensure that, at the end of a flight, all documentations, logs and reports are completed.
- Conduct Competency checks for cabin crew.
- Set an example for cabin crew and provide counselling as required; be self- disciplined, adhere to all company rules and regulations so as to be able to instill discipline.
- Collect feedbacks from the crew and passengers and make suggestions and recommendations for improvement to be made on
- Perform any other official duties as may be assigned by a supervisor.
- Flight Purser (Senior Cabin II) Job Vacancies at ATCL – (15 Posts)
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
Five (5) years contract with attractive remuneration and fringe benefits as per ATCL Salary Structure and Incentive Scheme.
MODE OF APPLICATION FOR ALL APPLICANTS:
Interested applicants must submit a dully signed letter for consideration of the application attached with the following:
- A curriculum vitae (CV),
- Certified copies of all certificates (including secondary school, birth certificates), other relevant certificates,
- Applicants who have studied outside Tanzania should have their certificates approved by relevant authorities
- Tanzania Commission for University (TCU) or National Examination Council- NECTA)
- Two recent passport size photographs
- A full size picture dressed in business attire
- Name and address of at least two reputable referees;
- Applicant’s reliable contact address, email address and telephone number.
- Note: Misrepresentation of qualifications or any other information on application shall warrant legal consequences
Applicants should reach the undersigned within 14 days from the first date of this announcement.
MANAGING DIRECTOR & CEO,
AIR TANZANIA COMPANY LIMITED,
P.O. Box 543,
DAR ES SALAAM.
The deadline for submitting the application is 17 September 2022.